Facial mists are a welcome product in any natural skincare regime. They can be formulated to offer many different benefits for the skin, such as refreshing, soothing or energizing.
They are simple and quick to make, since they are water-based products with added active ingredients. Keep in mind though that you must must also use a broad-spectrum preservative bought from a specialist skincare supplier.
- What Exactly is Foundation Makeup? Read Here
- Types and Benefits of Bath Oils
- Different Types of Makeup Sponges
- 17 Best Hair Care Remedies For You
- Hair Accessories – Its Importance, Benefits and Types
- 12 Different Types of Eye Makeup Brushes You Need To Know
- Orange and Ylang Ylang – Facial Moisturizer For Dry Skin
- [Protective Winter Time] Hand Cream – Recipe and Instructions
- Step-By-Step Instructions For Making an Emulsion
- [Formula and Ingredients] Soothing and Moisturizing Facial Mist
Soothing and Moisturizing Facial Mist
This facial mist contains two plant hydrosols; lavender and chamomile, to soothe sensitive, dry skin. Aloe vera juice is a source of micronutrients and has great moisturizing properties. Allantoin stimulates skin cell regeneration to help heal and protect sensitive skin while it soothes and softens. The formula also includes a water soluble preservative to protect the mist from microbial spoilage.
Directions For Use
Mist onto the face as required throughout the day to hydrate and soothe. Could be applied directly before an anhydrous facial serum to aid absorption of the serum.
Potential Substitute Ingredients
You can use different hydrosols if you wish. If you don’t have allantoin, this could be omitted (although you’ll lose some of the soothing and regenerating properties of the product).
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Approximate shelf-life: six months
|A||Lavender hydrosol||Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Water||Solvent, soothing||48.3%|
|A||Chamomile hydrosol||Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Water||Solvent, soothing||30.0%|
|A||Aloe vera juice||Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice||Soothing, moisturizing||20.0%|
|A||Geogard Ultra||Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate||Preservative||1.5%|
|Ingredient||Weight in grams (for a 100g batch)||Weight in ounces (oz) for a 4 oz batch|
|Aloe vera juice||20g||0.8|
- Mix all ingredients together and stir until allantoin dissolves. If you want to speed up this process, you can gently heat the mixture to 40°C (104°F) in a water bath.
- Pour into your container of choice.