After 21 years, Harnaaz Kaur Sandhu joins Sushmita Sen ‘1994 and Larra Dutta ‘2000 as crown bearers for the Miss Universe.
This year’s Miss Universe 2021 (India) reminds us of Miss Universe 1994 Sushmita Sen. Miss Universe is an annual international beauty pageant organized by the US-based Miss Universe Organization. The competition was held on December 12, 2021 in Eilat, Israel.
Harnaaz Kaur Sandhu is an Indian model. Harnaaz has also spread her acting skills in many Punjabi movies. Born in the city of Chandigarh, Harnaaz has completed her education from the school and college in Chandigarh.
Harnaaz began competing in pageantry as a teenager, winning titles such as Miss Chandigarh 2017 and Miss Max Emerging Star India 2018. After winning the title of Femina Miss India Punjab 2019, Sandhu competed in Femina Miss India, where she ultimately placed in the Top 12 and now bagged Miss Diva Universe 2021 and Miss Universe 2021.
On 16 August 2021, Harnaaz was shortlisted as one of the Top 50 semifinalists of Miss Diva 2021. Later on 23 August, she was confirmed as one of the Top 20 finalists that would compete in the televised Miss Diva competition.
During the preliminary competition held on 22 September, Sandhu won the Miss Beautiful Skin award and became a finalist for Miss Beach Body, Miss Beautiful Smile, Miss Photogenic, and Miss Talented.
Some Known Facts:
- She hails from Chandigarh, India.
- She is fond of acting, singing, dancing, yoga, swimming, horse riding and cooking.
- She did her schooling from Shivalik Public School and Post Graduate degree from Government College for Girls, both of which are in Chandigarh.
- She is 5’9″ tall.
- She is Timesfreshface Miss Chandigarh 2017.
- She is Miss Max Emerging Star 2018 India.
- She is Femina Miss India Punjab 2019. On June 15, 2019, she represented Punjab at Femina Miss India 2019 and competed against another 29 candidates at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium in Mumbai, India where she was in the top 12 list.
- In 2021, she acted in many Punjabi movies such as Bai Ji Kuttange.
- On September 30, 2021, she represented Chandigarh at Miss Diva 2021 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Mumbai and competed against 19 other finalists. She won the title, making her India’s Miss Universe 2021 nominee.
- She was 21 years old when she was crowned Miss Universe India 2021.